How To Prevent A Carbon Monoxide Leak From Your Gas Heater

A gas heater that was not installed correctly or has become faulty over time can cause a carbon monoxide leak in your home. Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs in homes when the heat exchanger is cracked inside the heater. Duct in the ducts or in the unit causes the unit to not work efficiently and can cause breakdowns. It is important to have gas heaters serviced by a registered gasfitter every two years, which includes wall units, fireplaces, space heaters, and other heating units.

This is a serious health hazard that could have serious long term affects that should not be ignored. Advance Heating and Cooling are available to travel to homes throughout Melbourne to test and service your gas heater to fix the problem safely to give you peace of mind at an affordable price.

Why your gas heater should have regular inspections

Carbon monoxide is an odourless and colourless gas, meaning that it cannot be smelled, tasted, or seen, therefore difficult to detect for people who are not familiar with such occurrences. It can have many negative effects on your health. After prolonged exposure to a carbon monoxide leak, the chronic and debilitating effects could potentially kill you. To prevent this from happening, it is imperative that you have your gas appliances inspected on a regular basis.

Symptoms of potential exposure:

  • Breathlessness
  • Dizziness
  • Headaches
  • Nausea
  • Chest pains
  • Upset stomach
  • Vomiting
  • Loss of consciousness

Signs of a leakage:

  • Pilot lights frequently go out
  • A weird colour coming from gas burners
  • Hard surfaces with abnormal levels of dew
  • Windows gathering water and increased humidity
  • Soot accumulates around fireplaces and other fuel-burning appliances

Have you gas heater inspected today

For more information on our services or to organise for one of our technicians to come to your
house, please call Advance Heating and Cooling today at (03) 9310 1990.